It saddens my heart to hear of the passing of Stephen Hawking. He was a physicist that I always admired. It amazed me how much humor he had despite all of the obstacles he went through. Even though he was wheelchair bound, his mind and spirit was always free. Where ever you may be Mr. Hawking, I hope you get the answers you were always seeking. The world lost an amazing person.
Here are some of my favorite quotes by Stephen:
- Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
- Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see, and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious.
- People won’t have time for you if you are always angry or complaining.
- We are all different. There is no such thing as a standard or run-of-the-mill human being, but we share the same human spirit.
- However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.
- Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.
- Some people would claim that things like love, joy and beauty belong to a different category from science and can’t be described in scientific terms, but I think they can now be explained by the theory of evolution.
- My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn’t prevent you doing well, and don’t regret the things it interferes with. Don’t be disabled in spirit as well as physically.
- Perhaps one day I will go into space.
- Next time someone complains that you have made a mistake, tell him that may be a good thing. Because without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist.
- The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.